Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

My 2018 fun cross contry

Marks set go
Lochie and I are freezing at the starting line
butterflies struck through my stomach.
Mum gave her jacket to us but before we
knew it Sir was telling us to start stretching.
We quickly took off the jacket and started to
stretch.  Suddenly we heard,
“MARKS, SET, GO!!!” My legs pumped as I
sprinted up to the front of the pack. Once I was in front I started to set myself  into a steady pace. I could see from the corner of my eye someone coming in a black, white and grey t-shirt, he was from Awanui School.  He overtook me with Frano on his tail. I didn’t worry but kept my steady pace behind them. It wasn’t long till the end was in my site. I knew I would have to soon pick up the pace.  As we ran up the last rise i took over Frano. We were then on the down hill sprint to the finish line. That is when I made my mega move. I pushed my legs to the limit, sprinting all the way, nearly tripping as I overtook that Awanui boy the lead runner.  I could see the finish line, my Aunty Yvette and Mum were screaming at me to run faster. I crossed the line first. I felt like I was going to have an asthma attack but I recovered quickly. FINISHED!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous moment in time Tawa, great work. I'll show you how to post your photos on here tomorrow!!!! Congratulations on a well run race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of vocab Tawa to show your audience how you felt rather than to tell us. I like how you used capital letters to emphasize something. I hope you share your Far North Zone cross country results on here too.

    ReplyDelete